Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Surprised by the Fragrance

This is the season here when trees are flowering. You have already seen the almond trees in bloom, but the almond is only one of the many that are flowering here now. There is also this gorgeous tree with deep pink flowers. These trees are so fragrant I could smell them from several feet away, and it was a very sweet fragrance.

I happened to see a woman working in a yard where one of these trees was blooming, so I asked her what it was. She didn't really know, but she said it did not really produce edible fruit, but a small inedible cherry-like fruit. I will have to go back next month and see what it does produce. I suspect this is an ornamental plum.  If the leaves turn out to be purplish when they appear, I will be sure.

The other trees are evergreens. I believe they are mostly pines. This neighborhood on Oak Lane is full of beautiful trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...