Saturday, February 7, 2015

Oaks and Wires in Paso Robles

Oaks and Wires in Paso Robles: © Barbara Radisavljevic



Paso Robles translates in English to Pass of the Oaks. It is very hard to go anywhere in Paso Robles without seeing an oak tree nearby. Unfortunately, almost everywhere in the city limits you see trees, you also see wires ruining the view of the sky and the trees.

This was the case today. I had stopped at Uptown Hair Studio to make an appointment for a haircut and I had parked in the lot behind the building. As I walked to my car I noticed six oak trees in what might have once been an oak forest. The alley divided them. The wires wove in and out among their tops. The photo above shows almost all the trees together. The photo below gives you a different view of the alley's right side.



Oaks and Wires: © Barbara Radisavljevic


I love always having an oak tree in view. I'm not so excited about the wires. But Barbara Rosenthal found a way to turn them into art in her paintings. Perhaps it takes an artist's eye to see the possibiities .

You can click the photos to make them bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...